Thesis scheduling and modules11/06/2016
In order to graduate, students must present an original thesis under the supervision of a Professor or Tutor. The activity is known as Degree Internship (or Internato di Laurea).
The title awarded upon graduation is that of “Dottore Magistrale” (Doctor of Medicine comparable to a Master’s Degree or US M.D.), in accordance with the Bologna process.
Graduation Ceremony of our Degree Course in Medicine and Surgery schedule:
March 24th, 2023 h 9:00 Fleming hall
July 7th , 2023 h 9:00 Fleming hall
October 27th, 2023 h 9:00 Montalcini hall
March 22nd, 2023 h 9:00 Dulbecco hall
Students intending to carry out their degree internship within a specific structure must submit a formal request to the Director of that structure together with a curriculum vitae (i.e. a list of exams passed, marks, optional attended activities, training periods in laboratories or clinics or any other activity performed for training purposes) at least 6 months before the thesis discussion. After consultation with colleagues and having ascertained the availability of positions, the Director of the structure approves the request and assigns the responsibility for monitoring and certifying.
To be eligible to take the Degree exam, students must:
- have followed all the courses and have passed all the exams;
- have obtained a total of 360 credits in the course of the six years (for a total of 5500 hours);
- have obtained 8 ETCS – ADO
VADEMECUM DEL LAUREANDO (SHORTLIST OF THE STUDENT THAT MUST GRADUATE)
Dissertation Assignment/Declaration Form
The formalities listed below must be carried out in accordance with the deadlines indicated in order to participate in the Graduation session.
No later than 4 months before the graduation session, students must submit their completed Dissertation Assignment/ Declaration form to the student affairs office. Students can download this form from their personal area on Delphi.
In particular, please note that:
- THE SUPERVISOR must be one of the tenured professors or researchers of the Faculty of Medicine, present on the MIUR database.
- CO-SUPERVISORS (that are not in the MIUR database or not included among the experts of the subjects of the Degree Course) must be approved by the Degree Course Council (CCL).
- WHEN DISSERTATIONS REGARD MORE THAN ONE SCIENTIFIC SECTOR (SSD), the stamp and signature of one lecturer per SSD is needed, who will be considered as an additional supervisor or co-supervisor.
Carrying out DISSERTATIONS IN AN EXTERNAL STRUCTURE
When students do their dissertations in an external structure, including dissertations carried out abroad by students that are winners of the university’s “dissertation abroad” program, they must:
- Apply to the CCL affairs office for permission to carry out their dissertations off-site.
- Attach a copy of their dissertation assignment/declaration form which clearly shows that the co-supervisor is external, and includes the authorization of the external co-supervisor and of the host establishment.
Access to Practical Training Assessment (TPVES)
In order to carry out a Practical Assessment Apprenticeship and obtain a degree in accordance with DL. n.18 of 17 March 2020, students must:
- Have passed the list of exams foreseen in the academic system to allow enrolment in year VI
- Fill in and hand in their TPVES application form and their personal data sheet to the teaching affairs office.
For further information please consult the TPVES guidelines or ask to the president of the course.
GP will be assigned by the Esami di stato office in the last month before graduation
No later than 30 days before the graduation session, students must submit on the Microsoft forms link that will be indicated by the Didactic and Student Secretariat:
- A GRADUATION APPLICATION (active online 60 days before the session)
- EXAMINATION BOOKLET (which includes the exams pre-Covid pandemic)
- RECEIPT OF PAYMENT OF THE PERGAMENA FEES (16 Euros, which must be validated online after filling in the Alma Laurea questionnaire)
- During this period you are able to change the Dissertation Assignment/Declaration Form
For a qualifying degree, students must also provide:
- RECEIPT REGARDING PAYMENT OF THE TAX REFERRED TO IN ARTICLE 2, PARAGRAPH 3, PRIMINISTERIAL DECREE OF 21/12/90 (49.58 Euros on postal slip no. 1016 made out to -Agenzia delle Entrate – Centro Operativo di Pescara – tasse scolastiche)
- RECEIPT OF PAYMENT REGARDING CONTRIBUTION FOR TPVES (100 Euros)
7 to 10 days before the graduation session, students must submit:
- THE DISSERTATION IN PDF FORMAT
- DISSERTATION COVER PAGE (signed by the supervisor and by the student. The title of the dissertation must be the same as the one provided on the assignment / declaration form)
P.S. : Remember to hand over a printed copy of the Thesis to the Didactic Office.
REGULATIONS REGARDING DEGREE SCORES
- ‘Research activity’ – maximum 5 points
- 2 points for participations in publications (peer reviewed, PubMed).
- 0.5 points for each conference abstract as a first name participant.
- ‘Scientific award’ – maximum 1 point
- ‘Activity abroad in a project coordinated by a lecturer of the degree course’ – maximum 3 points *
- 0.5 points for every 2 continuous weeks spent abroad, but only in cases where the activity is officially approved by the president of the degree course and included in a defined project that has been previously approved and coordinated with a lecturer from the degree course.
* the above-mentioned criterion must be applied to any form of experience abroad that has been officially approved by the degree course and carried out during the Covid-19 emergency period from 08/03/2020 (DPCM) until and including possible further extensions.
- Cum Laude – maximum 3 points
- 1 point for every 3 Cum Laude.
- Current degree – maximum 3 points
- “Fuori Corso”: 1 point
- Cum Laude may be awarded to students who obtain a score of 111 points on their degree course, but only following a proposal by their dissertation supervisor and following the unanimous agreement of the graduation committee.
Last Updated on 07/03/2023