1. I want to enroll in Tor Vergata, where can I find the list of the courses offered?
    Italian academic qualification are organized into three cycles. You can find all the courses offered by our University  by clicking on here.
  2. I am a student coming from a European Union country and have an Italian  fiscal code [Codice Fiscale]. What should I do to enroll in a course with open access?
    If you were born abroad you must come to the Foreign Students’ Office and then you have to register online as Italian students do, by following the procedure indicated on the university website  of your degree course.
  3. I am a student coming from a European Union country, but do NOT have an Italian fiscal code. What do I have to do to enroll in an open access course?
    1. Check the general information and the office  of the  Agenzia delle Entrate [Income Tax Office] closest to you on this
    2. Go personally to the AGENZIA DELLE ENTRATE  closest to your Italian residence to get the  fiscal code.
    3. Go to the Foreign Students’ Office to validate the code.
    4. You can now register online like Italian students by following the procedure indicated on the university website of your degree course.
  4. I am a student coming from a European Union country. What do I have to do to enroll in a closed access course? 
    You must read the access test announcement which can be found on the University homepage.
  5. I am a student coming from a European country which is not a member of the European Union. Which category do I belong to?
    The citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and the Republic of San Marino are considered  equivalent to EU citizens. Refugees and subsidiary protection holders,  personnel of foreign Embassies and Consulates and International agencies and, finally, the Vatican State   are officially recognized  by the Italian government and are thus equivalent to EU citizens (the same applies for  their  spouses and children only).
  6. I am a student coming from a non-EU country and I am not a resident in Italy. What do I have to do to enroll in a degree course at Tor Vergata?
    The first step is to apply for pre-enrollment, at the Italian Embassy or Consulate in your country. The pre-enrollment procedure usually takes place from May to July each year. At any rate, get in contact with the Italian Embassy or Consulate for more detailed information. Please note that you must hold a student VISA  in order to come to Rome -Tor Vergata. for any further information go here.
  7. If I do not have a permesso di soggiorno [residence permit], what do I need to do when I arrive to Italy?
    You must ask for it within 8 days from your arrival in the country.  Go to any Post Office and  fill out the necessary forms. More information can be found on this website: PORTALE IMMIGRAZIONE – Automazione Permessi/Carte di Soggiorno (you can select “inglese” in the “istruzioni multilingue” section to read the information in English)
  8. What are the minimum requirements to enroll in Tor Vergata?
    If  you  have  a title obtained in a foreign country, you should have had at least a 12-year long educational iter  and the Declaration of Value which establishes that your qualification is sufficient to enroll at any university in your country.
  9. What are the documents  needed to enroll in a single-cycle degree course?
    You will need 1)  Declaration of Value,  2) Secondary school Diploma  obtained  upon completion of at least 12 years of schooling, or a substitute certificate, in the original language and legally translated into Italian. For EU citizens: a photocopy of your ID. Extra UE citizens must have a photocopy of their PERMESSO DI SOGGIORNO [Residence Permit].
  10. What documents  do I need to enroll in a Master’s Degree course?
    You will need:  1) Declaration of Value, the original parchment of your University Degree in its original  language and legally translated into Italian,  an official transcript of  the exams you have passed, as well as a detailed course contents  for each course, in the original language and legally translated into Italian.
  11. What is the Declaration of Value [Dichiarazione di valore]?
    An official  document with all the information about the school or university where the candidate completed his/her studies, the value of the qualification in the country in which it was  issued, the duration of the course of study, and any other information deemed useful for its evaluation in Italy.
  12. Who issues the Declaration of Value?
    The Italian Embassy or Consulate in the country where you  obtained the qualification.
  13. Does the Declaration of Value have a validity time limit?
    No, the Declaration of Value is permanently valid.
  14. I do not have the Declaration of value but I do have a diploma supplement. The “diploma supplement
    substitutes the Declaration of value.
  15. What if I do not have 12 years of education?
    You must  exhibit, in addition to the other certificates,  a certificate which states the partially completed academic studies.
  16. What does “legally translated” mean?
    Legalization is the process of authenticating or certifying a legal document so it can be considered as valid and with full legal effect in the Italian legal system.
  17. Are there any degree courses in English at the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”? 
    You can find all the information on the website > Programs in English.
  18. How much does enrollment cost?
    Annual fees are divided into two  instalments. The first, must be paid at the beginning of the academic year and it comes to approximately 500,00 Euros (five-hundred) for everybody. The second instalment, must be paid in March and it varies according to the country of origin and indicator of your family income (ISEEU).
  19. What is ISEEU and who assesses it?
    The ISEEU   (Indicatore della Situazione Economica Equivalente – Università) –   Indicator of family income on the basis of which the second  instalment  is established. The CAAF (Centri di Assistenza Fiscale –  [Income Tax Office]) calculate this. The certificate is issued free of charge by authorized university CAF/CAAF  tax assistance centres CAF/CAAF (Centri di Assistenza Fiscale) on the basis of an equivalent declaration signed by one of the members of the student’s family.

    The authorized CAF centres will transmit the ISEE  data directly to the University database.
    The University does not provide any assistance in filling in said substitute statement for purposes of getting an ISEE issued.
    This service is provided exclusively by the CAF, on behalf of the University. When the students  go to the  CAF, they must specifically ask for the Certificate  ISEE for services for the right to university study.  Students who do not declare their ISEEU data have to pay the full amount of fees/contributions.
  20. Where are the CAF?
    Check here.
  21. How can I get in touch with the Foreign Students’ Office (Ufficio Studenti Stranieri)?
    By e-mail: studenti.stranieri@uniroma2.it , by telephone, calling the following numbers: 0672592566 and 0672592567, or coming directly to our International Students Office: Via Orazio Raimondo, 18 ROMA – Office Hours: Mondays – Wednesdays – Fridays: 9:00 – 12:00  — Wednesdays: also 14:00  – 16:00
  22. Do I have to take an entry test before enrollment?  Applicants for Medicine and Surgery course can enroll only after having successfully passed the entrance examination tests required.
  23. When and where do I have to  hand in  my documents?
    After having passed the entrance test, you hand in your originals and one photocopy of the documents to the International Students Office.
  24. What are the types of permits which allow me to  enroll at the University?
     With the PERMESSO DI SOGGIORNO   for subordinate work, autonomous work, political or humanitarian asylum,   family and religious reasons.
  25. I am a foreigner but have an Italian upper school certificate. Can I enroll?
    Yes, if you have regularly lived in Italy for at least 1 year.
  26. What if I have a diploma obtained  at an Italian school abroad or an International school?
    You can enroll if your school, whether in Italy or abroad, has a bilateral agreement or special regulations for the recognition of academic qualifications which satisfy the general conditions required to study in Italy.
  27. What documents do I have to exhibit to get recognition of credits?
    The Declaration of Value,  the original parchment of the degree issued by the foreign University in its original language, legalized and translated into Italian, an official transcript issued by the University certifying the exams you have passed, as well as  the course contents for each discipline, in the original language, legalized and translated into Italian.
  28. Can I follow any Italian language courses?
    The University of Rome -Tor Vergata  offers Italian language courses, through CLICI.
  29. Can I benefit from scholarships and assignment of hostel rooms?
    For all information you can visit the website here

Last Updated on 16/02/2023