De Felici Massimo01/06/2016
Subject: Hystology and embriology
NAME: Massimo DE FELICI, Ph.D.
DATE & PLACE OF BIRTH: JUNE 10, 1951, FRASCATI, ROME (Italy)
PRESENT ADDRESS: Dep of Biomedicine and Prevention, Section of Histology and Embryology, University of Rome Vergata, Rome.
July, 1970: High School Degree
February, 1976: Ph.D. (Biology Science) degree, with honours, University of Rome Sapienza
EMPLOYMENT & TRAINING
1974-1976: Pre-graduate student, Laboratory of Animal Radiation Biology, C.N.E.N., Casaccía, Rome
1976-1978: CNR Postdoctoral Fellow, Institute of Histology and General Embryology, Uni Rome Sapienza
1981-1982: Royal Society Fellow, MRC Mammalian Development Unit, Uni College, London
1982-1987: Researcher, Institute of Hist and Gen Embr, Uni Rome Sapienza
1987-1999: Associate Prof, Dep Public Health, Section of Histology and Embryology, Uni Rome Tor Vergata
2000-to day: Full Prof Histology, Dep Pub Health and Cell Biol and then Dep of Biomed and Prevention, Uni Rome Tor Vergata
2005-2008: Vice-Director of Dep Public Health and Cell Biol, Uni Rome Tor Vergata; Member of the Committee of the Station for Animal Technologies of the Uni Rome Tor Vergata
2010-to day: Director of the Hist and Embr Section of the Faculty of Medicine, Uni Rome Tor Vergata
Biochemical mechanisms of oocyte maturation and fertilization; Stem Cell Biology; Development and differentiation of mammalian germ cells
MEMBERSHIP OF SCIENTIFIC SOCIETIES
Italian Society of Cell Differentiation and Development; American Society for the Study of Reproduction; American Society for Developmental Biology; member of Accademia Medica di Roma
-145 Full papers on International Journals; 13 Publications on National Journals or Books; 31 Chapters on International Books or in Proceedings of International Congresses; Total= 189
– H index (2015)= Scopus 36; IF about 600
– 35 National Grants; 3 International Grants (2 EU, 1 UK)
– 26 Invitations as main speaker at International Congresses; 10 invitations as main speaker at National Congresses
HONORS AND AWARDS
-Second Prize by ALTRAN Foundation for Innovation Award 2012 for Research Project on Stem Cell Biology
-First Prize ESHRE Research Grant 2014
-Among 100 Top Italian Scientists
MEMBER OF EDITORIAL BOARD AND REVIEWER
– Member of the editorial board of: 1. International Journal of Developmental Biology, 2. The Open Reproduction Science Journal, 3. American Journal of Stem Cells, Journal of Stem Cells, 4. ISRN Developmental Biology, 5. Asian Pacific Journal of Reproduction, 6. Dataset Papers in Science Molecular Biology, 7. Austin Journal of In vitro Fertilization, 8. Austin Journal of Reproductive Medicine & Infertility.
– Regular reviewer for Cell Death and Diff, Exp Cell Res, Dev Biol, Differentiation, Biology of Reproduction, Nature, PNAS, Development.
– Reviewer for Italian Ministry of Research (PRIN and VQR), Italy; International Human Frontier Science Program; National Science Foundation, USA; Lalor Foundation, USA; ICGEB Collaborative Research Programme, Italy; The French National Research Agency (ANR), France
Last Updated on 27/06/2016
[…] M. De Felici, F. Klinger, L. Campagnolo, A. […]