Next IMAT 10th of September 2020….more information shotly
Call to partecipate to 2019-20 A.Y. IMAT.
Applicants for Medicine and Surgery course can enrol only after having successfully passed the entrance IMAT examination tests required.
The 2019 Medical Admissions Test for European students will take place on September 12nd in Rome at 14:00 and many other cities across the world (see here the complete list). You can find the offical call here (EN) or here (IT), the Annex A here (EN) or here (IT), the Annex B here (EN) or here (IT) and the regional decree for transfer here (all information are referred to the previous IMAT)(all documents will be published shortly).
Admissions to IMAT: from the 2nd of July to the 15:00 (GMT+2) of the 24th of July 2018(to be confirmed). The 1st of september 2018 will be issued on MIUR website and on Uniroma2.it website the list of admitted students as well as the classrooms where the students will take place. At the University of Rome “Tor Vergata”, candidates will have to arrive at 12.00 in the classrooms they have been allocated to. The exam will start at 14.00.
Application Procedures (all information are referred to the previous IMAT: updated information shortly).
European Citizens & Non-EU Citizen (with Italian Residence):
- Apply for the 2019-20 a.y from the 2nd of July to the 15:00 (GMT+2) of 24th of July 2019 (to be confirmed) directly to www.universitaly.it. Put our University as first choice. 20 places for European Citizens & Non-EU Citizen with Italian Residence are available for A.Y. 2018-19.
- Are included in the same ranking list of Italian citizens for the IMAT exam.
- Candidates do not require competence in Italian but a B1 italian certificate will be required when the student will be enrolled at the 3rd year.
Please note that Non-EU citizens residing in Italy must have a valid residence permit (permesso di soggiorno). These also include natives of Iceland, Norway, Switzerland, Lichtenstein and San Marino.
Non-EU citizens residing abroad:
- Candidates must submit a pre-application request to the Italian Embassy or Consulate in their country of residence (10 places for 2018-19 a.y.). Pre-enrollment was available at Italian Embassies from the 12th of February to the 24th of July 2019 (to be confirmed). In other word, please search the consulate website or call them directly to ask for the papers they need for pre-enrollment in order to obtain a Dichiarazione di Valore. Translate the documents if needed, at their trusted translators, as they will indicate. Ask what documents should you prepare and translate for student visa (if one is needed in your case)
- The Embassy must issue you with: your legalized and translated high school diploma;
. the Declaration of value of your qualification
. legalized and translated versions of any other academic and post-secondary certificates;
. an authenticated passport photo and an entry visa to Italy. To find out whether an entry visa is required and what documentation is required to apply for one, visit the Italian Government website.
- Apply for the 2018-19 a.y. from the 2nd of July to the 15:00 (GMT+1) of 24th of July 2018 directly to www.universitaly.it as non-EU citizen. 10 places for Non-EU Citizen are available for A.Y. 2018-19.
- Candidates are placed in a seperate ranking list than the EU Citizens and Non-EU citizens residing in Italy.
- Please note again that this step is about obtaining the Dichiarazione di Valore – a document confirming that your graduation diploma is sufficient for studying in Italy and all the other documents you nedd to appluy for IMAT. Note, this is not the IMAT exam enrollment procedure yet (see later).
For details concerning the validity of qualifications obtained abroad, the available places and the procedures for the pre-application, consult the ministerial regulations (Italian text, usually updated in March), in particular the attaches 1 and 2.
All documents must be officially translated into Italian and authenticated by the authorities of the country in which they were issued – except in the case of specific international agreements and conventions that provide for exemption.
Each degree/diploma/title must be accompanied by the Dichiarazione di valore in loco (Statement of validity), issued by the Italian Embassy in the country in which the qualification was awarded.
Please note that these are general information, for further details about the admission conditions and procedures, please consult the ministerial regulations (italian text).
For any further information please check here.
Student guide book for pre-enrollment and enrollment here.
The following candidates are considered EU citizens:
- citizens of Italy and other countries within the European Union;
- citizens who possess a dual-nationality passport with citizenship in Italy and another country outside the EU or anywhere in the EU;
- the citizens of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland, and the Republic of San Marino;
- non-EU citizens holding (a) a valid long term residence permit in Italy or (b) a residence permit issued for employment or self-employment, for family reasons, political asylum, asylum for humanitarian or religious reasons;
- non-EU citizens legally resident in Italy for no less than one year as of registration for the admission test (with a different residence permit from previous point (b)) and who have obtained an Italian university degree.
- non-EU citizens, residing anywhere who hold a secondary diploma from Italian schools abroad or foreign or international schools (either in Italy or abroad) having bilateral agreements or special regulations for the recognition of qualifications and who satisfy the general conditions required to be admitted to study in Italy (the complete list of these schools can be found here).
- Non-EU citizens with a valid residence permit for students, who have already registered with an Italian university in previous academic years.
- Personnel serving in diplomatic offices abroad or international organisms seated in Italy (accredited with Italy or the Holy Seat) and their families (spouses and children).